Sometimes when I’m discussing the College there are so many details to go through that I forget to spell out some important parts of the picture:
- Enabling people to acquire valuable market skills, this project seems likely to contribute to individual and societal economic recovery.
- Enabling people to acquire a deeper sense of self, this project seems likely to help people learn how to interact effectively with others.
- Enabling people to acquire the confidence to succeed, this project seems likely to decrease crime, which will in turn have many positive societal effects.
- Enabling people to acquire a greater knowledge of history, this project seems likely to help people avoid the mistakes of the past.
- Enabling people to acquire discerning taste, this project seems likely to contribute to a vibrant and flourishing arts culture.
- Enabling people to to acquire greater knowledge of humanity, this project seems likely to help people create a better world.
That about sums it up.
Is this all an exaggeration? I don’t think so, but wouldn’t it be wise and fun to find out?
There has been progress in recent weeks (even with me being sick for one of the weeks). However, I’m still working out how to get a full-time assistant/coordinator and an umbrella non-profit so we can begin doing serious fundraising. I’ve made great contacts and there are some prospects in the works for the non-profit, but there’s a bit of a chicken and egg problem. The assistant/coordinator seems to be the greatest need right now. If anyone is able to take any action to make this happen I would be most appreciative, as would the students who are waiting to start classes!
I look forward to reporting more exciting and concrete news in the next post.